Open Teaching Positions
The JCC Early Childhood Center is seeking teachers and assistants to come and join our diverse team. Everyone is welcome at the JCC regardless of religious background.
Our program serves children ages 2 months through 5 years. We believe that children are powerful, competent, and capable of solving problems and expressing intentions. We also believe that adults play a critical role in children’s learning, by supporting their efforts to explore ideas and solve problems, by scaffolding children’s ability to express their ideas and reflect on their experiences, and by establishing a positive climate for learning. Our program is accredited by the National Association for the Education of Young Children and is the centerpiece of a vibrant community center.
Why you want to work with us:
- Our mission is to build community, and our teachers are the key to making sure everyone – children, families, colleagues – feels like they belong.
- We don’t just take care of children, we make the world a better place by helping raise responsible and compassionate citizens.
- We work in teams – everyone shares in the responsibilities of managing a vibrant classroom and center.
- We celebrate – A LOT. Not all of our families or staff are Jewish, but everyone is included in our many joyful celebrations.
- Associate’s degree or equivalent in early childhood education, child development, or related field.
- A strong knowledge of child development
- Experience working in center-based childcare programs.
- Experience working with emergent curriculum approaches, particularly HighScope.
- Passionate about providing excellent daily care, initiating ideas and activities, and collaborating with a team of educators
- Comfortable supporting and engaging parents and families
- Skilled in communication, both written and verbal
- Must be flexible and willing to help out where needed
This is a full-time position and benefits include:
- health & dental insurance
- participation in our 403b retirement plan
- low-cost Aflac coverage
- paid personal days (1 per month) and vacation
- 12 paid Federal/winter holidays
- Up to 10 paid Jewish holidays
- guaranteed hours
- degree completion assistance via Michigan’s TEACH program
- JCC membership
Salary ranges from $31,200 to $40,000 per year and is dependent on qualifications and experience.
We are offering a signing bonus of $750 to be paid in equal portions after 90, 180, and 270 days.
The JCC is an Equal Opportunity Employer – our teachers come from diverse backgrounds.
To apply, please send your resume and a letter of interest to [email protected]