Open Teaching Positions
The Jewish Community Center of Greater Ann Arbor is seeking Lead-qualified Toddler and Preschool teachers to come and join our team.
Our program serves children ages 2 months through 5 years. We believe that children are powerful, competent, and capable of solving problems and expressing intentions. We also believe that adults play a critical role in children’s learning, by supporting their efforts to explore ideas and solve problems, by scaffolding children’s ability to express their ideas and reflect on their experiences, and by establishing a positive climate for learning. Our program is accredited by the National Association for the Education of Young Children and is the centerpiece of a vibrant community center.
Why you want to work with us:
- Our mission is to build community, and our teachers are the key to making sure everyone – children, families, colleagues – feels like they belong.
- We don’t just take care of children, we make the world a better place by helping raise responsible and compassionate citizens.
- We work in teams – everyone shares in the responsibilities of managing a vibrant classroom and center.
- We celebrate – A LOT. Not all of our families or staff are Jewish, but everyone is included in our many joyful celebrations.
- Associate’s, Bachelor’s, or Master’s degree in early childhood education, child development, or related field.
- A strong knowledge of child development
- Experience working in center-based childcare programs.
- Experience working with emergent curriculum approaches, particularly HighScope.
- Passionate about providing excellent daily care, initiating ideas and activities, and collaborating with a team of educators
- Comfortable supporting and engaging parents and families
- Skilled in communication, both written and verbal
- Must be flexible and willing to help out where needed
This is a full-time position and benefits include:
- health & dental insurance
- participation in a retirement plan
- low-cost Aflac coverage
- paid personal days and vacation
- guaranteed hours
- degree completion assistance
- JCC membership
Salary is commensurate upon qualifications and experience and ranges from $27,000 to $36,000 per year.
The JCC is an Equal Opportunity Employer – our teachers come from diverse backgrounds.
Interested applicants should send resume and cover letter to [email protected]