Lead Toddler Teacher
Lead Toddler Teacher (FT):
The JCC Early Childhood Center is seeking a lead toddler teacher to come and join our team. Our program serves children ages 2 months through 5 years. The toddler program primarily serves children ages 12 to 30 months. We believe that children are powerful, competent, and capable of solving problems and expressing intentions. We also believe that adults play a critical role in children’s learning, by supporting their efforts to explore ideas and solve problems, by scaffolding children’s ability to express their ideas and reflect on their experiences, and by establishing a positive climate for learning. Our program is accredited by the National Association for the Education of Young Children and is the centerpiece of a vibrant community center.
- Bachelor’s degree in early childhood education, child development, or related field.
- A strong knowledge of toddler development and how to best support toddlers in a group setting
- Experience working in an accredited early childhood program.
- Experience working with emergent curriculum approaches, particularly HighScope.
- Experienced in providing excellent daily care, initiating ideas and activities, and leading a team of educators
- Comfortable supporting and engaging parents and families
- Skilled in communication, both written and verbal
- Must be flexible and willing to help out where needed
- Must be able to sit and stand easily and lift children up to 40 pounds.
This is a full-time position and benefits include health insurance, participation in a retirement plan, and paid personal days and vacation.
The JCC is an Equal Opportunity Employer – our teachers come from diverse backgrounds.
If you are interested in this position, please submit your cover letter and resume to [email protected]